Background Code

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A New Couch!!


I got a beautiful elegant comfortable new couch yesterday.  My husband oversees operations & such at an apartment complex in El Cajon.  The complex had a model unit until yesterday when they had to get it ready for a new renter.  Hubby & his boss were talking about it, and his boss offered to give us the couch that was in the model unit.  For free!!!  A $700 couch for free!!  Check it out:

And see ~ it is Stella approved :)
Now on to the LOTD that I promised you yesterday!!



Face:
  • Meow Pampered Puss Foundation in Sleek Chausie
  • Aromaleigh Ultra-Resolution Finishing Powder in a mix of Clear & Peaches and Cream
  • Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer for blush from the French & Fabulous Palette
I went outside my norm for my eyes.  I mean, I do bright colors on my eyes, but I do it in a way that looks natural if that makes sense.  Even when I use bright or bold colors, Ivan always tells me that it looks as if I'm not wearing any make-up at all.  But today I went for something bold & smoky.
Eyes:

  • On brows, I used my Smashbox Brow Tech in Brunette
  • The primer I used was Urban Decay Eden.  I picked up a trial size of this at Sephora for $8!!
  • I used Too Faced Poodle Puff Pink from lash to browbone.
  • I used Too Faced Poodle Puff Raisin all over lid to just under the crease.
  • In the crease, outer vee & lined on lower lash line I used Too Faced Ooh & Aah Black.
  • For a pop of color, I used Fyrinnae Delvian in the middle of my lid right above my iris.

Oh!!!  On my lashes I used Cargo's Lash Activator & Dior Extase Mascaras.  The Lash Activator is helping grow lashes again.  Dior Extase is possibly one of the best mascaras I've ever tried.  The Sephora website says about this phenomenal mascara:

What it does:
DiorShow Extase provides built-in treatment benefits and high-impact lashes in a single stroke! The spherical-shaped Black Pearl Pigments create a 3D volume effect and the exclusive Metamorphosis Powders expand in size by up to 50% after application. Also, SR38 Patented Ceramid brings additional care, reconstructing damaged lashes and promoting stronger and fuller lashes.

What else you need to know:
The Extase mascara features a "Tiered Brush" that is inspired by the "tiered" couture dresses created by the House of Dior. The brush is designed for performance and contains an Exclusive Duo of Fibers: The Black Elastomer Fibers brush out and define the lashes for panoramic fringe and the Gold Nylon Fibers hold and deposit formula, generously coating each lash for outstanding volume.


The brush is really cool, and in my opinion, helps curl my lashes too.  And as you, gentle reader, know that is my never-ending quest.  To find an excellent mascara that helps to curl my really really straight lashes.  My Shu Uemura curler is never out of my sight & curls excellently, but I need a good mascara to help hold that curl & maybe curl it a little smidge more.  I think Extase does that, at least for me.  Well worth the $28 price tag.

On my lips, I used my brand new Stila 24kt Lip Gloss in Brilliant Pink.  I actually got a lot of stranger compliments on this gloss.  It was bright, but not too bright that I looked ridiculous.  And while this gloss is super glittery, you can't feel the glitter at all on your lips.  It applies very smooth & is quite shiny with just one coat.


What do you think of today's look?  Have you tried Dior Extase?  Do you have a favorite mascara?  Tell me, my lovelies!!  Tell me your secrets!!!

Until tomorrow, take a look around you today.  Instead of dwelling on what you don't have & wanting more, more more ~ take a moment and remember to be grateful for what you do have.  Especially the intangible things.  There are so many people, in your community & in mine, who would be so happy with half of the "stuff" we have.  Be thankful for your family, friends, the roof over your head, the hot shower in your bathroom, the pillow on the warm bed you get to sleep in every night & the clean underwear in your drawer.  I can remember a time in my life when I had none of that, and I try to remember that time when I start taking those things for granted.

**hugs**

No comments:

Post a Comment