Background Code

Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's A Tenacious Beckoning

I've recently picked up a couple of L'Oreal HIP High Intensity Pigments.  I've never tried their pigments before, and I was curious as to how they looked & applied.  Several beauty editors, I've read, love these pigments and put them in the same class as MAC.  Now, I wouldn't go that far but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them.  Have a look:

Face:

  • Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Foundation in Sleek Chausie
  • Aromaleigh Ultra-Resolution Finishing Powder in Peaches & Cream/Clear mix
  • Smashbox Soft Lights Quad in Luminary as blush













Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Eden Eyeshadow Primer all over lid
  • I used L'Oreal HIP Pigments in Tenacious all over lid (lashline to brow bone)
  • Then I used Tarte Lock & Roll Creaseless E/S Duo in Citrine (the loose side) over Tenacious
  • I used L'Oreal HIP Pigments in Beckoning in crease & outer vee
  • Then I patted on Tarte Lock & Roll in Tourquoise (the loose powder side) in the middle of my lid
  • I also lined my lower lash line with Beckoning


I also recently purchased a new mascara ~ Stila Convertible mascara in Black.  This mascara is awesome!!  It's like Blinc Kiss Me mascara in that it forms tubes around your lashes.  It's dual ended with a normal spoolie brush on one end, and a skinny spoolie brush on the other end.  So I did something that I don't normally do.  I put mascara on my lower lashes.  I have very oily skin & eyelids, so I rarely use mascara on my lower lashes because it smudges & smears & I look like a raccoon by mid-day.  But with Stila's, I didn't.  And the skinny spoolie brush made it so easy to apply to those lashes & it still looked great at the end of the day.  I highly recommend it!!!

So what do you think of today's look??  Have you tried HIP Pigments or Tarte Lock & Roll?  Do you like them?  Tell me all about it in the comments!!

Until next time, my lovelies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment