Background Code

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Purple ~ The Color Of Royalty

I know, I know.....I promised a LOTD with my newness from Hi-Fi.  Sorry, I just haven't been feeling inspired. And today was just too exciting of a day, what with Lindsay getting released from Jail and all!  It's just been a period of time where the fibro has taken over & scooped me out.  I try to not let fibro control my life & live my life with fibro as a footnote....but I don't always succeed.  And it definitely hit me hard the last few days.

Anyway, enough with the pity-party....on to the crack!!!


Face:

  • Moisturized as usual & used Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (love)
  • Meow's Pampered Puss Foundation in Sleek Chausie
  • Aromaleigh's Ultra-Resolution Finishing Powder in a 50/50 mix of Clear and Peaches Cream
  • Laura Geller Blush & Brighten in Sunswept
  • Smashbox Brow Tech Wax Pencil over brows to groom
  • Smashbox Brow Tech combo of Brunette/Taupe over wax to define
  • BE Prime Time Eye Primer







My chin area looks really blotchy.  I'm not sure why.  I have these weird dark spots/blotches on the like outer corners of my chin right underneath my lower lip corners.  They're really annoying & it is so hard to find a product that will cover them completely.  I'm not sure what they're from either.




















Eyes (I think the purple really brings out the green in my eyes):

  • MAC Pigment in Kitschmas from lashline to brow bone
  • MAC Pigment in Grape in crease & outer vee
  • Tarte Lock & Roll Duo in Tanzanite - I actually only used the cream shadow half & I used it as a liner on my upper & lower lash lines.  It was subtle but SO pretty.
  • MAC Pigment in Fuschia in middle of lid right above the iris of my eye.

On my lashes, I used my new favorite mascara, Stila Convertible Mascara.  I love everything about this mascara.  It doesn't clump at all, the formula is pretty thin but I like that because it helps separate my lashes so they don't stick together & make that spider leg look, it's buildable unlike other "tubing" mascaras which is cool and it doesn't budge even on my lower lashes which is a blessing in itself.

What do you think??  Do you love MAC?  Have you ever tried any of Tarte's products?  Tarte.com is actually having a Friends & Family sale going on right now until August 9th.  Use code: FFAUG to receive 40% off everything!!  I highly recommend the Lock & Roll Duos and their Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara.

Big hugs & sparkle twirls!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment