Background Code

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer ~ My Review

Yes, my gentle readers, it has been a while since I have posted anything.  I have not been feeling very creative, inspired or even like putting on any make-up lately.  I'm trying not to allow myself to slip into that blackness that I am so familiar with, but sometimes it's so darn hard.  I've been crying out to God because Truth tells me that He will lift me up out of the pit of despair.  But, I also have to wonder if this is a season of testing for me.  And if it is, I want to learn what He is trying to teach me.  Being put through the fire is painful though as He removes the dross & yuckiness from my heart.  It's so necessary!!  I'm no good to anyone, and especially no good to God, if I continue to be tangled up by my strongholds.  Pray for me, and if you leave a prayer request in my comments, I promise you that I will pray for you too!!

Now, on to the review:

Lorac Behind The Scenes primer is a relatively new product to the primer world.  I was able to snag this from Sephora ~ it was a 100-point perk ~ and I was really really excited to try it out.  This is what Sephora's website says about this little slice of primer heaven:

What it is:
A gentle, lightweight eyeshadow primer that is free of oil, fragrance, and parabens.

What it does:
Behind The Scenes Eye Primer is a crease-resistant formula that holds pigment in place for long-lasting, stay-true color. It easily glides on the eye lid and the silky-smooth finish minimizes flaws and imperfections on the lid.

What else you need to know:
This product was developed for use with LORAC eyeshadow products and packaged in a slant tip tube, which allows for a sanitary, finger-friendly application that allows you to control the amount of product being dispensed.

And the reviews on this, OH the reviews!  Sooooo many 5-star reviews.  That furthered my excitement to use this primer.
The consistency of this primer is lovely.  It's thicker than BE Prime Time for Eyes & UDPP.  And it's so smooth & creamy.  Not gritty at all.  When applied to the eyelid, it's very easy to get a thin consistent unstreaky layer.  It dries to a somewhat tacky finish fairly quickly but not too tacky as to prevent proper adherence of eye shadows, both pressed & loose.  I so wanted to love this primer.  Up to this point, it's been everything it's promised.  Imagine my disappointment when I applied this under BE eyeshadow.  I so wish I would have taken before & after pictures so I could show you my experience with this primer.  At the end of the day, it didn't hold up to the promise of crease-resistant or holding pigments in place.  I had a huge gross collection of oily pigment in my creases & it actually faded my colors!!!  I used the Key West collection that day, and if you've seen this collection, you know how bright the colors are!!  Well, they faded to a slight yellowish-green barely there wash.  Ugh!!  I was almost sold on Behind the Scenes, too.  But I had such disappointing results that I took it from my makeup station & put it back in the box and back into my sample stash.  I am so bummed that it didn't work for me & bummed that for me, it didn't live up to what the reviews said.  Now, I'm not saying it won't work for you ~ maybe it will.  But this primer worked better, in my humble opinion, than the Kat Von D eye primer......and that's saying A LOT!!!

Have you tried this primer??  Did you have better results than me??  Let me know in the comments!!!!

Until tomorrow, remember that if you're going through a testing period or a rough time, take a minute to ask if you're supposed to be learning something from it.  The answer you receive may just surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment