Background Code

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bouncing Faith in Trees - A Love Story

Hello hello my lovelies!!  Can I talk to you for a minute??  It's about my Grandpa.  See, I lost my Gram, his wife, my mom's mom, in May of 2008.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever gone thru because I was very close to my Gram.  But I can't even imagine what it must have been like for him.  See, Gram & Grandpa did not meet & fall in love under the best of circumstances and a lot of people got hurt.  But they were soulmates from the gate.  My Gram was very artistic ~ a painter, a sculptor, a cross-stitcher, a doll maker ~ and my Grandpa was very good with his hands & was a hard worker.  Gram was one of those women who spoke her mind and was strong & what my family likes to call a bold-hussy (which is a good term).  She didn't take any guff from anyone.  She taught me so much.  But, so did my Grandpa.  Grandpa was loving and nurturing and sensitive.  I mean, my Gram was loving too but in her own way.  I think I get my sensitivity from my Grandpa.  Alas, I digress.  I can't imagine how hard it was for him to lose her.  She was the love of his life, and he was hers.  Since that time, his health has steadily declined and he's stopped eating, bathing & basically sleeps all day.  What do you do when you lose your soulmate??  Then, in 2009, Grandpa's son, Norman, passed away.  Also in that same year, my Aunt Susan lost both of her sons - Grandpa's grandsons.  So, in a period of 15 months, my Grandpa lost 4 people he dearly loved.  And since depression runs in my family, you can imagine the dark hole that he slipped into.  I think he gave up & was slowly killing himself.  And it was hard to watch.  But fast forward to last Monday, when he was admitted to the hospital after the realization that he was indeed gravely ill & needed medical intervention.  It has since been discovered that his prostate cancer has returned & has spread, he can't swallow at all & his kidneys are failing.  Through this all, he is the Grandpa that I remember him as.  Talking, laughing, smiling, flirting with the nurses.....he has some hard decisions to make about his future, but whatever those decisions are, he knows that we (the Dober girls) have his back & will do whatever it takes to make his remaining years comfortable & enjoyable.

So, in honor of Gram & Grandpa, here is my LOTD......

Face:

  • Moisturize as usual
  • Benefit "That Gal" primer
  • Meow Pampered Puss foundation in Sleek Chausie
  • Aromaleigh Ultra-Resolution Finishing Powder in Peaches&Cream
  • BE Vintage Peach Blush
  • Smashbox Brow Tech Wax & Brunette/Taupe powder








Eyes:
  • BE Prime Time for Eyes lashline to browbone
  • BE Diamond Gossamer with BE Platinum Gossamer over it all over lid to brow
  • Hi-Fi Cosmetics Morbid Faith eye shadow inner third of lid & tear duct
  • Hi-Fi Cosmetics Suicide Trees eye shadow crease & outer vee
  • Hi-Fi Cosmetics Bounce eye shadow middle third of lid over iris 

For mascara, I used my standbys ~ Cargo Lash Activator & Stila Convertible Mascara over the Cargo.  These two have become my go-tos lately.

Thanks for letting me ramble & muse ~ it feels better when I can talk about what's going on in my head.  And thanks for listening.

XOXO,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment